Monday, December 17, 2012

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust: Curiosity Killed the Fairy (Almost)

Yes this movie is for little girls, but I don't care. I love Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. In fact, "Tink" is one of my nicknames.
     So get over it.

Moving on . . . 

Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue

All pixies know and respect the"no fraterizing with humans" rule. Tink, the newest fairy, however, doesn't seem to agree because she is mischievous and curious.
     She must check out the car and "fairy house" because she is a tinker fairy burdened with intense curiosity to know what things are as well as how they work. Needless to say, then, Tink was captured because her personality deemed it essential to check out humans and their technology. It was arguably fate that Tink would be trapped, even without Vidia interfering.  
  

Even when trapped, Tink must find something to fix. Luckily she does: the relationship between Lizzie and her father. She manages to do this and save the day. Go Tinkerbell!

The only thing that bothered me was the "do you remember ____ from _____ movie about me?" Tink has to give Lizzie  a summative rehash of information given in the previous twp movie, but I guess that's okay. It's intended for little kids, so maybe they need the reminder. I don't really know, especially since there isn't the same sort of thing in the second movie (if I am remembering correctly anyway).

I liked it anyway though. The first one is better, of course, but it was still cute.


Tinkerbell and the Secret of the Wings

Once again, Tinkerbell has broken the rules. She can't seem to behave because she starts or gets into trouble every single movie. But whatever. I love her still. 

And, once again, there is more summary rehashing as Tinkerbell tells her sister Periwinkle everything that she's done in the last three movies. I can see that part of the information is necessary because they are sisters meeting for the first time (I would say the same about Lizzie, but Lizzie can't really understand fairy talk).  It still annoys me.

But as the movie continues, Tink's curiosity gets the best of her. She has to know WHY she can't be in the winter woods and she manages to break her wings in the process; something that she knew would happen. At the same time, however, Tink (but mostly Periwinkle) finds a way for everyone to work together and save the world with or without her wings.

Again, this was a cute movie. It was shorter than the other films, but still enjoyable when you consider it is meant for little girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment