Thursday, September 22, 2011

BridesMade Me Laugh







I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out in theaters for one main reason: Kristen Wiig.  Who doesn't love this girl?  She's phenomenal.  I had high expectations for her and she blew me away as always.  She is, in short, a comedic genius.








This is not to say that the other members did not help; it is only to say that Wiig is the only reason I wanted to watch it.


I will admit that the initial scene made me slightly uncomfortable and grateful that my mother wasn't watching it with me, but I made it through to the meat of the movie and found it quite enjoyable.  


It was clever. It was witty.  It was exactly what I needed while writing my thesis: a reminder that there is joy in the world even though I can't find it at the moment.


I did, however, remind me quite a bit of Bride Wars.  And, honestly, I prefer Bride Wars.  I mean, it's Anne Hathaway.  The girl who brought my book self, Mia Thermopolis, to life.  More than that, she is going to be Catwoman.   Do I really need anymore evidence than that?


One final note:  This is not The Hangover for women.  There is no comparison.  Also, Revenge of the Bridesmaids is also pretty fun, but not near as fun as Bridesmaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment