Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"You Stink of Illiteracy" So You Should Definitely Read My Blog

Title: Paranorman 
Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Anna Kendrick, Tucker Albrizzi, Casey Affleck, Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Director: Chris Butler, Sam Fell
Release Date: 17 August 2012

Paranoman is about a boy named Normal who has the unique ability to speak to and interact with the dead. Because everyone makes fun of him, including his family, Norman remains lonely and deemed as being weird for seemingly talking to himself. They are required to believe him, however, when zombies rise from the dead due to the witch's curse.

 I don't know if this movie was actually funny or funny because I am so sick and tired watching it. Either way, I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in a long time.

For the record, I didn't really like the animation style. Tim Burton would have done it better, just saying. Also,Burton wouldn't let them have weird looking noses either. What was up with that anyway?

Anyway, the film had some fantastically funny lines, such as:
     "If you were big and stupid -- you'd be a bully too. It's survival of the thickest."
     "Swear?  . . . like the "F" word?"

There was a lot of slapstick humor as well. In my head, I'm picturing the scene where Norman is trying to get the book from Mr. Pendergast's body is fantastic. It was so funny.

This movie is obviously directed toward a young audience, but that doesn't make it any less funny, Or maybe I'm just that immature with my humor, but I will defend it until my death -- it's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment