Monday, November 5, 2012

The Muppets -- Does This Generation Even Care?

Personally, I've never really enjoyed the Muppets, except for the Muppet Baby cartoon for some odd reason . . . I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I don't like puppets. . . There are, however, apparently enough people in the world to justify this attempt to bring the classic show back to life and induce new excitement into this generation.

The plot of the movie is simple. Can we reunite the Muppets before Muppet Studios is destroyed? They try to accomplish this by appealing to the people who used to love them so much for donations to save it. The same argument could be made for why this movie was made -- can we generate excitement for the Muppets again?

The answer seems to be yes. Yes, the Muppets can be and are still culturally relevant. I may not think so, but I'm not the only person in the world.



Despite my dislike, however, I did find the movie to be cute, and funny on the rare occasion. Specifically, I am referring to the Muppet or Man song. I loved it. It was funny and Jim Parsons was there, so it's even more fantastic. (Big Bang Theory ftw).



Jim Parsons, however, was not the only celebrity who appeared in this film. Selena Gomez, John Krasinski, Rashida Jones, and many others. I think this was a genius move because if the audience could see how many celebrities took part in this film, they might reconsider their like/dislike of the Muppets because famous people like and participated in it. And we all know that we should do what celebrities do -- at least that's how some people (especially in the younger generation) feel.

The song at the beginning wasn't bad either. It made me think of Easy A where Olive (Emma Stone) talks about wanting a sporadic song and dance where everyone knew the words and dance moves in her life. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that either -- just once you know? It would be pretty awesome.

Also, I love Amy Adams. She's the cutest thing ever. Just saying.

I know I haven't said much about the movie, but I don't know what else to say. I can't offer anything more than what I've said. It's an "okay" sort of movie, but one I wouldn't want to write again.


No comments:

Post a Comment