Saturday, May 15, 2010

Blades of No Glory Whatsoever

Yes, I know that this is not a "quality" film, however, not all movies are.  Nor can they be.  And sometimes, you just need to watch something stupid.


Plus, Will Ferrell makes me smile, especially in Elf and Stranger Than Fiction.

Another plus is seeing Jon Heder NOT as Napoleon Dynamite. There are no words for how much I hate that movie.  It single-handedly killed my generation.  There were years where I couldn't go anywhere without that movie being quoted -- it still happens on occasion.  It was not worth the dollar my ex-boyfriend payed for me to see it. "Gosh"

NOT OKAY

OKAY












Anyway, back to Blades of Glory.  







Exciting news.  Jenna Fischer is in it.  She is better known for her role as Pam Beesly / Halpert in The Office.  She's so freaking adorable.  I want to hug her.  This movie gets like 5 bonus points just because of her presence.


Also, she looks adorable with Jon Heder.  They play well off each other.






Will Ferrell should NEVER wear skin tight clothes or a figure skating outfit.  Jon Heder doesn't look near as bad, but the same philosophy applies.  Spandex should just not be an option for ANY fashion statement.  It's just wrong.
 



The Iron Lotus.  HAHAHAHAHA.  So many manikin heads.





*Please excuse me while I vomit as Jon Heder eats toilet paper*  HLUGHHHH!! (or whatever sound it is when you upchuck)


Poor Snowflake... He never saw it coming.  Seriously.  You can't see through those mascot heads.


This movie is about on par with Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. To quote my mom, it's "smut."  There is, however, some humor in it.  Awful, immature, low comedy.  And yet, I am mildly amused.  I'm actually kind of sad that I find this movie entertaining.  I guess it's okay though.  Not everyone can have perfect, only high humor.



No comments:

Post a Comment